For many people, a checking account is a type of bank account that they use every day. Whether you’re paying bills, paying for groceries, or just shopping online, checking accounts are often an important part of our financial life. For that reason, you want to be sure that your checking account meets all your needs. But what if you could access a Rewards checking account that helps you protect your identity, your purchases, and your phone? Plus enjoy big savings when you bank, shop and play.
Keep reading to learn more about these new rewards checking accounts and what they can offer you.
What an Access Rewards Checking Account Can Offer You
Checking accounts are a useful tool for many when it comes to managing finances. Checking accounts can help you meet your financial goals in a variety of ways. But our new Access Rewards Checking Account has even more features than the typical checking account, which means you get:
- Get paid one day early with Early Pay¹
- Unlimited, free access to 30,000+ ATMs nationwide with MoneyPass Network²
- Online Banking with Bill Pay
- Mobile Banking³ with Check Deposit4
- Visa Debit Card & Controls
- No Fee Money Orders & Cashier’s Checks
- Complimentary Standard Checks
- Free e.Statements5
- Saving Cents Eligibility - round up your debit card purchases automatically and put the change in your savings
Big Rewards, Big Protection
So, what kind of rewards are we talking about? Rewards are designed to help you save money, monitor your credit, and protect your identity and finances.
Save When You Play
- Travel and Leisure Discounts: Money-saving discounts from thousands of local and national businesses – redeem and print coupons online or access discounts from a mobile device. (available via mobile or web only³)
- $hopping Rewards™: Receiving $hopping Rewards is simple! As a member, you have access to exclusive offers and discounts at thousands of leading online retailers. Simply shop online using our customized shopping portal and receive cash back. Your cashback can be held in your $hopping Rewards account to use towards future purchases or conveniently sent to you as a check. Yes, it’s that easy! (registration/activation required; available via mobile or web only³)
- Roadside Assistance Service: 24-hour coverage for roadside assistance services including vehicle towing, fuel/oil/fluid/water delivery, and battery/lockout/tire assistance up to $100 per occurrence. Maximum of two occurrences per twelve-month period. (See Insurance Disclosure)
- Healthcare Discount Savings*: Enjoy savings on vision, prescriptions, and dental services. This is NOT insurance.
Monitor Your Credit and Protect Your Identity
You can rest easy knowing that IDProtect®, our identity theft monitoring and resolution service, can help better protect your identity.
Identity Theft Expense Reimbursement Coverage (See Insurance Disclosure)
- Comprehensive Identity Theft Resolution Services
- Debit and Credit Card Registration*
- Credit File Monitoring Daily*
- Credit Report and Score6*
- Credit Score Simulator *
- Credit Score Tracke7
- Identity Monitoring*
- Dark Web Monitoring*
- Online Identity Theft News Center and Valuable Phone and Web Resources*
- Financial Wellness 360º
Protect Against Unexpected Losses and Save on Health Expenses
- Travel Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance: Receive up to $10,000 of Travel Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance. (Coverage divides equally on joint accounts.) (See Insurance Disclosure)
- Cell Phone Protection: Receive up to $400 of replacement or repair costs if your cell phone is stolen or damaged, in the U.S. and abroad. $50 deductible applies. Up to two claims per twelve-month period. Covers up to four phones on a cell phone bill. (Cell phone bill must be paid using an eligible account.) (See Insurance Disclosure)
- Debit Advantage Buyers Protection: Covers items for 90 days from the date of purchase against accidental breakage, fire or theft. Extended Warranty extends the U.S. manufacturer’s original written warranty up to one full year on most new retail purchases if the warranty is less than five years. (Item(s) must be purchased entirely with this account for coverage.) (See Insurance Disclosure)
How To Open Your Access Rewards Checking Account
Opening your new Access Rewards Checking Account
is easy -- it typically takes 10 minutes or less to apply. This means you’ll be on your way to earning rewards when you bank, shop, and play.
Here are a few details to keep in mind:
- $100 opening balance requirement.
- A $6 monthly service charge applies.
- Free e.Statements5 or $5 paper statement fee.
- $7.50 fee for incoming wire transfers.
- Closing new accounts within 90 days of opening will result in a $20 early closure fee.
Armed Forces Bank Has Military Families in Mind
Get savings, convenience, security, and rewards with our new Armed Forces Bank Access Rewards Checking account. The Rewards Checking account is designed for service members and their families, helping you keep your money safe while also allowing you to benefit from extra rewards.
Are you a new recruit and not sure where to begin your financial journey? Check out our Recruit Access Checking
, created with new recruits in mind.