Designed for first-time home buyers and step-up borrowers, an FHA loan is a government-provided loan program that may be easier to qualify for than conventional loans. It’s a good option if you have less-than-stellar credit or limited cash for a down payment.
Subject to credit approval.
What You Need to Know
FHA loans are insured by the Federal Housing Administration (FHA) and have eligibility requirements and other conditions, such as:
- FHA loans require a minimum down payment of 3.5%.
- Gift or grant money may be allowed to be used for your down payment.
- Homes must meet certain conditions and be appraised by an FHA-approved appraiser.
- Reduced paperwork is available for eligible borrowers qualifying for an FHA Streamlined refinance.
- New FHA loans are available only for homes that will be used as a borrower's primary residence.
- Maximum loan amounts vary by state and county. Call (855) 558-8551 for details in your area.