Become a budgeting pro in no time by following these steps.
1. Determine your goals.
Sit down to determine both long-term and short-term goals. When you budget with a specific goal in mind, you will have an easier and faster time getting where you want to be.
2. Analyze your current spending.
Categorize your spending by food, utilities, insurance, medical bills, childcare, after-school activities, etc., then think of how you can make realistic changes.
3. Plan for your goals by putting them in your budget.
Listing your goals as expense items in your budget will help you reach your goals every month while staying within budget.
4. Be flexible, keep track, and always make savings part of your budget.
Try your best to create a realistic, flexible budget that will work for you. Keep your goals in mind every time you use your debit card. Unexpected expenses will happen, so be prepared by having an emergency savings fund.
More Budgeting Tips
- Set up reminders and account alerts with Online and Mobile Banking.
- Pay your bills on time by using a calendar.
- There are many ways to reduce your expenses. You could pack your lunch, ask for discounts, stick to shopping lists, use coupons, and get rid of extras on your phone or cable, to name a few.
- Check your account activity frequently, and keep a record of your transactions.