The Armed Forces Bank Student Checking is a low-cost account for students under 23 years old. Enjoy free mobile check deposits1, account alerts3, free overdraft protection transfers and financial education resources.
Armed Forces Bank locations are around the country, including branches inside Exchanges that are open weekends and evenings. Students can also bank at over 70 Academy Bank locations and deposit cash at over 4,000 Walmart locations at the register. Plus free access to 30,000+ ATMs through our MoneyPass Network2.
What You Need to Know
- There is a $25 opening balance requirement.
- To qualify for this account, you must be a full-time student under 23 years old who is enrolled in a high school, college, university, or vocational program.
- No monthly service charge when you meet all the following requirements each statement cycle:
- Enrolled in Online Banking
- Signed up for e.Statements
- Otherwise, a $5 monthly service charge applies.
- Free e-statement or $5 paper statement fee.
- Student Checking converts to Access Checking at age 23.
- Closing new accounts within 90 days of opening will result in a $20 early closure fee.