VA Home Loan Program
How it works.
Through the benefits offered by the VA to eligible veterans and active service members, the VA home loan program represents one of the best loan programs for purchasing a home or refinancing an existing mortgage. Because the VA insures up to 25% of a VA loan, lenders are able to offer to favorable benefits and loan terms to borrowers who qualify for the program.
These benefits include:
- No down payment.
- No penalty to pre-pay or to refinance your VA home loan at any time.
- No mortgage insurance premiums to pay.
- Flexible credit standards.
- Negotiable interest rates.
- Options available to tailor your mortgage to your specific situation.
- An assumable mortgage.