Episode Show Notes:
Welcome to the "Militarily Speaking" podcast with Tom McLean and Jodi Vickery.
In this episode of “Militarily Speaking,” Tom, Jodi, and guest Clint Jordan, Director of Next Move Military, discuss the story of how they got started, how they help military families during PCS or any other move, and other ways they help the military community.
“Militarily Speaking” is a podcast produced by Armed Forces Bank that is dedicated to the military lifestyle and all the things that makes military community who they are.
Ep. 24 — Next Move Military with Clint Jordan
Introducing Clint Jordan and Next Move Military
Jodi introduces Clint Jordan, discussing his 21 years of service history, and what he is doing after.
- He got into real estate, achieving great success, and becoming an expert in military home buying.
- Clint has also become an expert in the VA Loan process, market analysis, investing, wealth building, and the needs of veterans and their families.
- As director of Next Move Military, his vision is to help educate military families about the benefits of home ownership and the path towards financial freedom.
Jodi then asks Clint to discuss how Next Move Military got started and the mission of the organization.
- Clint begins by noting that they are a network of veteran and military spouse real estate agents.
- He briefly tells the story of how he came up with the idea, and how the organization got started, and their selection process of selecting new real estate agents.
- Tom and Clint discuss how and why Armed Forces Bank became a financial partner of Next Move Military.
Services for Veterans and Military Families
Tom asks about the myriad of services they provide and who they provide those services to.
- Clint notes that their agents, because they all have military experience, they understand all of the different processes.
- He adds how he recruits others into their military network, and the importance of educating others on the home buying process for the military.
- After prompting from Tom, Clint says that their educational material can be found at www.militarypcs.com
- To begin the process with Next Move Military, click the contact button on their website.
Next Move Military Agents and Growth
Tom asks Clint about his network of military real estate agents, and how they are selected.
- Clint discusses their vetting process for real estate agents that are looking to join their network.
- Tom then adds a testimonial from someone within the network about their cohort.
- Clint says that their agents started off by finding agents within major military markets, and then expanded to include most any city.
Clint adds that their next step of growth is to donate service animals.
- He discusses the process of funding and raising a service dog through Second Chance K9 for a service member in need.
- He notes that this is their first step in looking for additional ways to help military veterans.
- Tom adds that they are of like minds, noting their partnership with Southeastern Guide Dogs.
Connect with Next Move Military
Jodi asks what populations they service, and what other places people can find them.
- Clint says that they are big on Instagram and Facebook, and they are working to build their YouTube as well.
- He adds that they service all branches including DoD, civilians, and then mentions AFB’s Hero Loan Program for veterans, educators, law enforcement, firefighters/EMTs, and nurses.
- After prompting from Tom, Clint discusses what differentiates them from some of their competitors, even though he doesn’t view them as such.
Jodi asks if there are any other services or things they provide for veterans that they hadn’t asked about.
- Clint says that he owns a CrossFit gym, and says they are almost entirely veteran owned.
- He says their goal is to fund the gym through real estate and provide memberships for free to every veteran.
Jodi introduces the Military Minute segment of the show, beginning by closing out last episode’s Military Minute.
- Last episode’s Military Minute: What is TLI?
- Answer: Tillman Leadership Institute
- This week’s Military Minute question: Who is one of the partners of Next Move Military?
- Watch for Facebook and Instagram posts about this episode.
- Answer with the correct answer and you plus a charity of your choice can each win $50.
Tom closes the episode by asking listeners to go to www.afbank.com and subscribe to the show, as well as leave a rating and comment on your favorite podcast platform such as Apple Podcasts or Spotify.
Join us to hear how to better navigate your finances, military life, and the crossroads of the two.