With our mobile app, you can take a picture of the front and back of your check to make a deposit from your iPhone® or Android™ smartphone. You can only access this feature by downloading the Armed Forces Bank mobile app.
You can make a mobile check deposit if your iPhone® or Android™ device meets the following criteria:
- iOS 4.0 and above or Android™ OS 2.1 and above
- All devices require a camera.
- The minimum image resolution requirement is 1600 pixels x 1200 pixels. This means the device camera spec must be a minimum of 2mp. While images with lower resolution may pass the image quality verification, they may also be rejected more often.
- Android™ devices must also have autofocus.
BlackBerry smartphones are not currently supported.
7:00 p.m. CT, Monday through Friday is the deposit cut-off time. If submitted after 7:00 p.m. or on a non-business day or holiday, your deposit will be processed the next business day. All deposits are subject to verification and are not available for immediate withdrawal. There may be deposit limits and restrictions that apply.
Our mobile check deposit accepts the following types of checks:
- Personal and business checks
- Cashier's checks
- Government/Treasury checks
- Checks must come from a U.S. bank and be in U.S. dollars.
We cannot accept checks made payable to a third party. Please only submit checks that have been made payable to you.
See How to Make Mobile Deposits (PDF) to learn how to make a deposit using the mobile app.
Please note that mobile deposits must be endorsed with the following information:
- "For Armed Forces Bank Mobile Deposit"
- Account Number
Yes, mobile check deposit offers the same level of security you have with Online Banking. The images of your checks are never stored on your mobile phone for added protection.
The funds availability schedule you received upon account opening (or that we otherwise have made available to you) will generally apply to mobile check deposits. However, in our sole discretion, we may delay funds availability from any mobile check deposit. If we delay funds availability from your deposit, we will notify you by email at the email address you use for Online Banking. You can update your email address anytime by logging into Online Banking and clicking “Mobile & Online Banking Options”.
You can deposit checks for free anytime, anywhere with our mobile app. However, there may be message and data rates that apply, including any charges from your communication service provider.